Samstag, 2. November 2013

Art and the way we live

Hey there,
Just recently I started my studies for a creative job and for me as someone who lives with christ in an art environment, I am confronted with lots of questions.
In wich way can I live my creative lifestyle that God loves it? How should I implement my believes?

I have always been a creative person and I needed something like writing, drawing or music to express myself. I needed it to let it out. Sometimes I just wanted to draw some cool creatures or I wanted to scream in a metal band, but there was always the thought of not fitting into Gods thoughts there. I thought he wouldn't like what I'm doing.

These last weeks gave me a lot of time to think about it agiain, again and again.
I came to one interesting point... Let's look at art itself. What is the nature oft art?
Art is expression of the things we experience, that we see, dream or feel.
God is the first ever artist to me. He created it because he wanted to share and he loved us soo much and made us perfect (or does God make any failures :) ). He was and is expressing his love and joy for us through all the cool things on earth, think of these crazy skies that always change and have the most crazy formed clouds in it, or look at sparkling snow in the sun and soooo much more.
He made it for us to enjoy it or feel as well. Art makes us come alive sometimes or gives us interesting perspectives at things.

I use my art to release my fantasies, the thoughts spinning in my head, making me think too much.
All the good and bad thoughts need to be released, because I am somebody who feels the urge to share.
I don't need to necesserily show it to others, but the release comes by putting it into art form.

So my art will look the way I experience things, or the way my thoughts look like to me. It can be that you may see a picture that looks totally dark, or evil and then there is this next one totally beautiful and warm.
And there is the point where I always struggled.
Can I really draw that, what I feel like drawing right now? Can I scream because it feels right to scream it into the world to give it more power? Or is all that something evil, God doesn't like...

I thought about this quite a long time, because I always heared the thoughts about this kind of art. "Well maybe there is the devil inside..." or "Does that reflect Gods personality?"
Well I totally found out, that at this point it's not about God at all. It's about me and my feelings, experiences, thoughts. It's about my special way of living, my special way of enjoying or disliking. It's about expressing MYSELF.
I totally believe that God wants us to be real and that's why he wants us to also pour out our heart on paper, scream our loungs out to shout a message into this world or do what ever we like to do to express our innerest beeing, the point we are standing at right now.

In art, it's not about wrong or right, it's about yourself and only yourself. be authentic in your art, but of course also in your daily life, because that's what God wants from you. Don't let anyone tell you, the way you express is wrong.

I see so many people trying to be something they are not, especially in church, because we often tend to put the devil into things, that are actually amazing parts of this special perfect made individual.

I could say these next sentences a thousand times:
When the personal way of yours, to express yourself, feels natural and just flows out of you, then NEVER EVER let this be taken away from you!
Don't let others judgement change the art you bring.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen